LES AMITIÉS FRANÇAISES
Les Amitiés Françaises Godalming
- Les Amitiés Françaises Godalming (formerly Les Amitiés Françaises de Waverley) is a society set up under the auspices of the Alliance Française with the objective of spreading the French language in its area and bringing together people who wish to maintain the use of that language and contribute to the spread of French culture and thought.
Basis of Data Processing
- We process personal data on the basis of legitimate interests. We need to process data in order to run the society.
The Data We Hold
- We hold personal data on
- members and former members of the society
- people who have expressed an interest in the society
- people who have given or may give lectures to the society (from now on referred to as lecturers).
- For members and former members we may hold
- the contact information which we have been given by members or former members
- information on whether or not a member or former member has paid their subscription
- information on whether or not a member or former member is entitled to free membership (for example, because they are a student)
- information on how a member or former member heard of the society
- For people who have expressed an interest in the society we hold the contact information they have given us.
- For lecturers we hold
- contact information which we have received from the Alliance Française or by other means
- information about the fees charged by lecturers
- information about expenses claimed by lecturers
- copies of “Rapports des organisateurs” completed by lecturers and the society which we are required to submit to the Alliance Française in order to obtain financial support
What we do with the information
- We use the information we hold about members to
- inform them of activities organised by the society and other items of potential interest to them and which are in line with the objectives of the society
- notify them of the Annual General Meeting of the society and supply them with the papers for the Meeting
- invite them to renew their membership of the society
- maintain the accounts of the society
- We use the information we hold about former members and people who have expressed an interest in the society to
- respond to requests for information
- invite them to consider joining or rejoining the society
- inform them of their right to have their information deleted
- We use the information we hold about lecturers to
- organise the lecture programme
- obtain funding from the Alliance Française
- maintain the accounts of the society
Who can see the information
- The information we hold is only made available to
- members of the Committee of the society for the purposes set out above
- the person appointed to undertake an independent examination of the society’s accounts
- (information about lecturers only) the Cercle Français d’Esher
- (Rapports des organisateurs only – see paragraph 6) the Alliance Française de Londres
How long we keep the information
- We keep information about members and former members for a maximum of 15 months after their membership has expired. (The membership year ends on 31 August.)
- We keep information about people who have expressed an interest in the society for a maximum of 3 months after the first meeting in the membership year following the membership year in the course of which they expressed an interest in the society.
- We may keep information about lecturers indefinitely.
- Our preferred method of communication is by email, as this keeps costs to the society, and therefore to the members of the society, to a minimum. Members may request that information about the Annual General Meeting and invitations to renew their membership be sent by post.
Requests for Access to and Changes to Information
- As required by law, any person may request access to all personal information held about them at any time. Such requests will be acted upon as soon as possible within the time limits laid down by law. As required by law, no charge will be made for access to information.
- Persons who are not members of the society, or who wish to cease to be members of the society, may request that any information we hold about them be corrected or deleted at any time, and such requests will be acted upon as soon as possible within the time limits laid down by law. As required by law, no charge will be made.
- Persons who are, and wish to remain, members of the society may request that any information we hold about them be corrected at any time. They may also request the deletion of all information other than
- their name
- their postal address
- whether or not they have paid their subscription
These items of information are the minimum required for membership of the society to be maintained. All valid requests will be acted upon as soon as possible within the time limits laid down by law. As required by law, no charge will be made.
- The society may be contacted by email at firstname.lastname@example.org
 The Constitution of the society is available in English on the website under the heading ‘Governance’